Rechargeable repairs

Neither Brent Housing Partnership or Brent Council bear the cost of all repairs to your property.

Where tenant's or visitors to their property, have caused damage (eg. broken window) or been negligent (eg. locked out of property) the council will charge for the cost of works to rectify the problem, a rechargeable repair.

Tenants should be advised that a repair is rechargeable when reporting it.

The contractor will ask you to sign a copy of a form which outlines the works carried out and the cost. An invoice will subsequently be raised for which you will be liable. It is possible to pay for recharged repairs by instalments.

You might be able to claim back the cost of rechargeable repair done through your personal contents insurance. It is up to you to check your policy details to see if you are covered for accidental damage.