Brent Housing Partnership (BHP) is committed to providing its online services to all sections of the public.
Improving accessibility on our website
What we have done about it:
- No use of frames
- Use of alternative text to describe the content of an image. This is useful for text-based browsers and/or for users with visual impairments
- Links to the Adobe website for portable document format (pdf) files
- Increased contrast between background and text for readability purposes
- Ensuring that fields in online forms can be navigated by pressing 'TAB' on a keyboard. This is particular meaningful to users that cannot use a pointer device such as the mouse, whether this is for mobility reasons or for visual impairments
- Avoidance of certain colour combinations that may result in not seeing whatever is displayed due to colour blindness
- Information being chunked and reduced where possible, grouping relevant information and displaying it in different pages for a better understanding
- Various documents online being translated into a number of community languages
- The ability to change the text size on every page.