Report a communal repair
Generally, as a leaseholder you are responsible for repairs inside your home and for items only you use. Brent Housing Partnership (BHP) is responsible (on behalf of Brent Council) for repairing and maintaining the structure, outside and shared parts of the building you live in, the cost of which is recovered through your service charges or through major works invoices.
Brent Housing Partnership has the right to enter your home to check what repairs are needed and carry them out if we are responsible for them. We will give you notice in writing unless there is an emergency. We will always try our best to contact you first.
You are responsible for:
- Replacing broken glass
- Decorating inside your home
- Doors, woodwork and floors inside your home
- Ceilings, plaster and walls inside your home
- Kitchen fittings
- All pipework, taps and valves inside your home
- Baths, sinks, washbasins, showers, toilets and lagging your pipes
- Heating and hot-water systems
- Replacing locks to your home
- Fences and gates that are yours.
BHP will repair and maintain:
- Outside walls
- Roofs, outside doors and window frames
- Chimney stacks
- Structural walls
- Outside decoration and decoration inside shared areas
- Shared boundary walls and fences
- Lifts and entry phones
- Shared wiring and lighting
- Shared rubbish chutes.
Reporting a repair
If you need a repair or need maintenance to be carried out to a shared area, you should report it to us immediately.
You can also contact us by:
- Telephone: 020 8937 2400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be ready to give full details of the repair, where it is, and how we can get access to carry out the repair.