Making alterations inside my property

You must not carry out any structural work or alterations to your property until you have Brent Housing Partnership's (BHP) permission in writing. This is a condition of your lease.

What needs permission?

Examples of work that needs permission include:

  • Replacing windows to your property 
  • Redecorating the outside of your property 
  • Building an extension 
  • Removing walls or a chimney breast 
  • Disconnecting shared heating 
  • Converting a loft.

When you have the BHP's permission, you must still keep to any planning and building regulations, the current standards of the gas, water and electricity companies, and any conditions attached to the permission itself.

Apply online for landlord consent for alterations

For further information you can contact the Leasehold Management Team.