Tenants and acceptable behaviour
Your tenancy agreement sets out what you can expect from us and what we can expect from you.
By signing the terms and conditions you have agreed:
- Not to cause a nuisance, or let your family, friends or visitors cause a nuisance by making too much noise
- Not to cause a nuisance, or let your family, friends or visitors cause a nuisance by harassing anyone
- Not to be involved in criminal activity
- Not to damage the property and to return it to the council in a good state when you leave
- To dispose of your rubbish in the appropriate bins provided
- To be responsible for the good behaviour of your family, friends and visitors in your home or on the estate. For example, you are personally responsible for the conduct of your children
- To ensure that any pets the council has given you permission to have are kept under control and do not make a mess, cause a nuisance, or damage your home or the estate you live on
- Not to use your washing machine or do DIY between 9pm and 8am
Wooden or laminated flooring
Wooden flooring can cause considerable noise nuisance to the people living in the property below if you live in a flat. Please note that noise nuisance breaks the conditions of tenancy.
We recommend you consider this matter and install suitable soundproofing. Please get advice from a flooring supplier.