Would you be able to spot a financial fraudster?
Financial Fraud Action UK (FFA UK) are running the 'Take Five' campaign to make consumers aware of the often simple methods – both emotional and technical – that fraudsters use to glean financial and personal details. The campaign is asking consumers to help protect themselves from financial fraud by remembering 5 simple points:
- Never disclose security details, such as your PIN or full password – it’s never right to reveal these details
- Don’t assume an email request or caller is genuine – people aren’t always who they say they are
- Don’t be rushed – a bank or genuine organisation won’t mind waiting to give you time to stop and think
- Listen to your instincts – if something feels wrong then it is usually right to pause and question it
- Stay in control – have the confidence to refuse unusual requests for information
For more information and advice go to the Take Five - Stop Fraud website.